Thursday, July 28, 2011

A response.


So this song is a response to a question in a conversation I had a awhile back.
We were talking about the subject of dating and courtship in general.
I don't remember the exact conversation, nor what lead up to the question, but I do remember being asked (more or less):

"So what do you have going for you, why would anyone want to date you?"

I remember feeling really ridiculous because I didn't know what to say.  I think I had an idea of what to say, but it just didn't come out how I wanted it to.

So I took that question and really though about it.  This song is a response to that question.  It's not about any one person in particular.

I like it.

And also big thinks for Kristi Merrill for lending her talent and totally blowing me out of the water.  I knew she'd be the right one for the job.  Haha

It's not amazing, but I'm not a huge fan of complicated songs.  Simple.  That's all it takes to say what you really want to say.

So hope you enjoy.  :)

~Carlos 


P.S. - The lyrics to:

"Take You High (ft. Kristi Merrill)"
I’ll be the one to make you smile when the sun is gone for awhile
And we both the rain just won’t stay away
And when life has got you down and your day just won’t turn around
You can know that I will always listen close
We can take it slow ‘cause I just hope you know

I’ll take you high when you’re feeling low
And isn’t that just how things ought to go?
I’ll hold you close when you’re feeling cold
I’ll find a way each and every day to make you smile

And if you ask me where to go, I’ll take your hand ‘cause I don’t know
I figure anywhere is fine when I’m with you
And you can tell me of your fears and even share what you hold dear
I swear I’ll never even tell a single soul
And we can take it slow 'cause I just hope you know

I’ll take you high when you’re feeling low
And isn’t that just how things ought to go?
I’ll hold you close when you’re feeling cold
I’ll find a way each and every day to make you smile

Maybe I can’t promise you the stars
I can’t promise that it won’t be real hard
But darling if you fall apart and the world converges on your heart
I’ll take your hand and pull you through, this one thing I can promise you
It’s not money or prosperity or fame or fortune, not this you see
A simple promise in sincerity; That I will always break your fall

I'll be the one to make you make you smile when the sun is gone for awhile
And we both know the rain just won't stay away

Can you take me high? (I’ll take you high)
When I’m feeling low? (When you’re feeling low)
Isn’t that just how things ought to go?
Will you hold me close? (I’ll hold you close)
When it’s oh so cold (When you're so cold)
I’ll find a way each and every day to make you smile

No comments:

Post a Comment